August 10, 2022

southkakalakigirl.com

A blog about a girl's life

A whole bunch collect for funeral of Brit taxi driver and son who died in ‘poisoning’

Alex Littler, 16, was rushed to hospital (Image: Kennedy Information and Media) An adolescent is...
laughing gas
Alex Littler, 16, was rushed to hospital (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)

An adolescent is fortunate to be alive after his lung burst after inhaling laughing fuel at a music competition.

Alex Littler, 16, inhaled nitrous oxide at Parklife Competition in Manchester. However on the Monday he was rushed to hospital after he complained of a swollen neck, breathlessness and that his chest felt like ‘popping bubble wrap’.

He was pressured to admit to his mum, Cathy McCann, 44 and docs about inhaling the laughing fuel.

On the hospital, Alex was identified with a ruptured and leaking lung with docs telling him he was fortunate to be alive.

However they highlighted there was nonetheless a threat the 16-year-old would want surgical procedure to take away air trapped round his coronary heart and lungs.

Fortunately an oxygen masks that was left on in a single day eliminated the trapped air with out Alex requiring surgical procedure.

Since being in hospital, Alex confessed he’s beforehand used the drug however has vowed to by no means take it once more.

It has left his mum Cathy, from Ellesmere Port in Cheshire, distraught after the ordeal.

PIC FROM Kennedy News and Media (PICTURED: ALEX LITTLER, 16, FROM ELLESMERE PORT, CHESHIRE, IN HOSPITAL THE DAY HIS LUNG RUPTURED AFTER INHALING LAUGHING GAS) A mum is warning how her teenage son 'almost died' when his lung BURST after inhaling laughing gas at Parklife festival. Alex Littler, 16, was rushed to hospital on Monday after complaining of a swollen neck, breathlessness and that his chest felt like 'popping bubble wrap' when touched due to the air leaking from a ruptured lung. The year 11 student was forced to confess to doctors and devastated mum Cathy Mccann, 44, that he'd inhaled nitrous oxide over the weekend while at Parklife in Manchester.DISCLAIMER: While Kennedy News and Media uses its best endeavours to establish the copyright and authenticity of all pictures supplied, it accepts no liability for any damage, loss or legal action caused by the use of images supplied and the publication of images is solely at your discretion. SEE KENNEDY NEWS COPY - 0161 697 4266
It wasn’t the primary time Alex had taken laughing fuel (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)
PIC FROM Kennedy News and Media (PICTURED: X-RAY OF ALEX LITTLER'S LUNG WHICH HAD RUPTURED AFTER HE INHALED LAUGHING GAS AT PARKLIFE FESTIVAL) A mum is warning how her teenage son 'almost died' when his lung BURST after inhaling laughing gas at Parklife festival. Alex Littler, 16, was rushed to hospital on Monday after complaining of a swollen neck, breathlessness and that his chest felt like 'popping bubble wrap' when touched due to the air leaking from a ruptured lung. The year 11 student was forced to confess to doctors and devastated mum Cathy Mccann, 44, that he'd inhaled nitrous oxide over the weekend while at Parklife in Manchester.DISCLAIMER: While Kennedy News and Media uses its best endeavours to establish the copyright and authenticity of all pictures supplied, it accepts no liability for any damage, loss or legal action caused by the use of images supplied and the publication of images is solely at your discretion. SEE KENNEDY NEWS COPY - 0161 697 4266
Alex complained of a swollen neck, breathlessness and that his chest felt like ‘popping bubble wrap’ (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)

She mentioned: ‘He’s mentioned it’s the worst factor he may have achieved. He didn’t realise himself what the risks have been and he did it as a result of all his mates have been doing it.

‘It upsets me fascinated about it, it’s horrible. It may have been deadly. It may have killed him. His lung has bought a gap in it.

‘The gases can have an effect on in your spinal chord, go to your mind and deaden your mind. I used to be beside myself as a result of I didn’t know the total information about these gases. He was petrified.’

See also  Early climate forecast launched for Glastonbury Competition

‘His associates are devastated, they’ve been on the cellphone always, placing posts on Snapchat saying they don’t need to see anybody doing balloons.

‘I don’t suppose half of them knew the depths of what they’ll do. He’s been informed by docs, if he does it once more, he’ll be again in hospital as a result of he has a weak spot on his lungs now.

‘It’s a hazard as a result of if it hadn’t repaired itself it’s going to make a much bigger gap and it will have been deadly.

‘He would have ended up lifeless or paralysed or mind lifeless.

‘Alex was completely shocked. That’s when it hit him – seeing your mum sitting there crying as a result of we’re a detailed household.’

PIC FROM Kennedy News and Media (PICTURED: ALEX LITTLER, 16, FROM ELLESMERE PORT, CHESHIRE, WITH FRIENDS AT PARKLIFE FESTIVAL) A mum is warning how her teenage son 'almost died' when his lung BURST after inhaling laughing gas at Parklife festival. Alex Littler, 16, was rushed to hospital on Monday after complaining of a swollen neck, breathlessness and that his chest felt like 'popping bubble wrap' when touched due to the air leaking from a ruptured lung. The year 11 student was forced to confess to doctors and devastated mum Cathy Mccann, 44, that he'd inhaled nitrous oxide over the weekend while at Parklife in Manchester.DISCLAIMER: While Kennedy News and Media uses its best endeavours to establish the copyright and authenticity of all pictures supplied, it accepts no liability for any damage, loss or legal action caused by the use of images supplied and the publication of images is solely at your discretion. SEE KENNEDY NEWS COPY - 0161 697 4266
Cathy and Alex wished to boost consciousness concerning the risks of laughing fuel (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)

Cathy and Alex have determined to share their story to warn others concerning the risks of taking laughing fuel.

She mentioned: ‘Nobody is aware of the depth and penalties. Sixteen-year-olds are dying, individuals have messaged me saying their son died.

‘I need to put it on the market, the risks of it for fogeys as effectively not simply the children. They don’t know what’s taking place, it’s taking place underneath everybody’s noses.

‘He’s not in bother as a result of it’s been that a lot of an ordeal, he’s learnt a giant large lesson so I didn’t must say something to him.’

Parklife has been contacted for remark.

Get in contact with our information group by emailing us at [email protected].

For extra tales like this, check our news page.